Welcome to North Idaho

To live in a place other people dream of visiting is incredible. Through the lens of my camera OnLocation North Idaho will bring you a slice of life as we know it in the Idaho panhandle. Enjoy!

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Light Show

In unison with the start of the Olympic Games on 8/08/08 Mother Nature put on a show of Olympic proportions over the North Idaho skies. I attempted to capture the spectacular lightning bolts from my porch in Post Falls with limited success. But my friend Don Sausser, who lives serveral stories up overlooking Lake Coeur d'Alene, got a "money shot." He generously shared it with OnLocation.
*In the foreground left is the Coeur d'Alene Chamber of Commerce visitor center and to the right is Independence Point. You can see the dock where the seaplanes are located. Out on the lake in the upper left, those horizontal lights are from the Lake Coeur d'Alene cruise boats...what a view those passengers had! The lightning looks to be headed northeast over Casco Bay. Thanks Don!

2 comments:

JBelle said...

I liked the uncropped, un-photo shopped version. Gives perspective and a marvelous view of the north shore with that magnificent lightning bolt above and beyond it all.

MarmiteToasty said...

I LOVE lightening photos....... I just HATE thunder and lightening storms though and believe it or not I actually sleep either on he landing during a storm in the middle of me house where there are no windows and once I even crawled under me bed LOL.... thats honestly true.... ok, ok, what a saddo :)

x