Welcome to North Idaho

To live in a place other people dream of visiting is incredible. Through the lens of my camera OnLocation North Idaho will bring you a slice of life as we know it in the Idaho panhandle. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Five-Star Fair Food

Epicurean delights of the most all-American kind can be found in every corner of the North Idaho Fair. There's the popular elephant ear booth, which always boasts the longest line, buffalo burgers, deep-fried Twinkies and more. It's the food on a stick that's always most intriguing. The folks of Calvary Lutheran Church have a standing favorite ... meatballs on a stick (pictured). There's frozen bananas on a stick and even cheesecake on a stick. For the four decades of attending the North Idaho Fair, I more often than not stick to the Lion's locally grown corn on the cob, almost like having food on a stick. I delude myself into thinking it's a relatively healthy fair snack. That's because I pretend it's not soaked in half/half, a touch of sugar and real butter. Salt? What salt?
If you choose to enjoy an ear of corn, I'll be OnLocation behind the counter on Thursday and Friday. Stop by and say hello!

No comments: