Welcome to North Idaho

To live in a place other people dream of visiting is incredible. Through the lens of my camera OnLocation North Idaho will bring you a slice of life as we know it in the Idaho panhandle. Enjoy!

Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Dad


While this is my fourth Father's Day without mine, I had 52 years with him in my life. My father was bigger than life in Idaho politics and his beloved Kootenai County Veterans Memorial Plaza now bears his name. But it's the simple and fun memories of my dad that are cause for reflection. He loved America and the Marine Corps and for years his iconic Lincolns bore the VOX POP (voice of the people) license plate. He also loved riding high atop the tank at the head of the Coeur d'Alene 4th of July parade with fellow veterans. My father loved life and he loved me.

Ronald D. Rankin, 1929-2004

No comments: