Welcome to North Idaho

To live in a place other people dream of visiting is incredible. Through the lens of my camera OnLocation North Idaho will bring you a slice of life as we know it in the Idaho panhandle. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Moose on Main Street



In some remote North Idaho towns, a moose sighting might be more common than this one in the urban area of Post Falls. Speculation is that the deep snows in surrounding mountains have forced these giant creatures down lower to feed. For nearly two weeks this bull* moose has roamed the neighborhoods, unconcerned by people and traffic. The link below includes details about the photographs shown here.
*Moose shed their antlers in late fall and early December and in the spring they begin growing again, reaching full size in three to four months. http://cdapress.com/articles/2008/02/20/columns/columns03.txt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not want to get close to a moose, I think it's dangerous. Thank you for doing it for me so I can enjoy these pics. (:

I hope you will visit my blog and see the pictures I shot on my Idaho trip this past weekend.

MarmiteToasty said...

oh what great photos....... you are so lucky to see a real moose so close, I can only dream of it....

x