Welcome to North Idaho

To live in a place other people dream of visiting is incredible. Through the lens of my camera OnLocation North Idaho will bring you a slice of life as we know it in the Idaho panhandle. Enjoy!

Friday, February 15, 2008

Backyard Bird Count

From February 15 through 18 bird watchers all over the country will be counting their feathered friends in backyards, parks and town squares. Now here's an event that's right up my alley. I have a bird's eye view of sparrows, chickadees, quail and even my resident Northern Flicker without having to leave my yard. I've become patient enough to get some great photos of everything from bald eagles to osprey and red tail hawks in my travels around North Idaho. Hopefully they'll be feeling photogenic during the official Great Backyard Bird Count, since there's a place to submit photos on the Birdsource website. Join me this weekend in counting the birds in your neighborhood! *pictured are a male and a female house sparrow in my backyard Friday morning. The male has the dark mask.
http://www.birdsource.org/gbbc

No comments: