Welcome to North Idaho

To live in a place other people dream of visiting is incredible. Through the lens of my camera OnLocation North Idaho will bring you a slice of life as we know it in the Idaho panhandle. Enjoy!

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Turkey Town

Residents of Fernan Village at the east end of Sherman Avenue in Coeur d'Alene have been waging a battle against an ever-expanding deer population but wild turkeys just might be the creatures who take over the town. This week in a three-block radius and within about 15 minutes of being on location with my camera I saw several deer and at least 50 turkeys in yards and on the streets. The turkey pictured here in close-up took great exception to my camera poking out of the driver's side window and rushed up to give me the evil eye. He even pecked my tires a time or two for good measure. They're not shy birds by any means.

No comments: