Welcome to North Idaho

To live in a place other people dream of visiting is incredible. Through the lens of my camera OnLocation North Idaho will bring you a slice of life as we know it in the Idaho panhandle. Enjoy!

Monday, December 17, 2007

Sticks and Stones

In a humble cottage at the base of a beautiful hill lives a modern day Johnny Appleseed. Or maybe he's a combination of Johnny and Gepeto, who brought Pinnocio to life.
The Stick Man's passions are the walking sticks he fashions by the thousands, working in a covered carport year 'round. He sands the rough outer wood until it gleams with the beauty he knew was there all along. Garnets and opals are embedded in just the right places. Children come to visit as do the grownups to this magical place where sticks are always gifted, never sold. In the hustle and bustle of our busy lives, to be acquainted with the Stick Man is a gift all on its own. Another reason to love where I live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kerri, I enjoyed your visit and your comments, you are so kind. I do what I do for the simple pleasure of it,and to give things away for the same reason. I enjoyed working on your stick, I think it turned out quite nice. Thanks for the kind words and maybe we will cross paths again, I hope so. The Stickman