Welcome to North Idaho

To live in a place other people dream of visiting is incredible. Through the lens of my camera OnLocation North Idaho will bring you a slice of life as we know it in the Idaho panhandle. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Home Sweet Home

This 1905 home once stood on the corner of 9th and Sherman Avenue in Coeur d'Alene and our family lived there for almost a decade. Owned by former US Congressman John T. Wood (served 1951-53), it was a grand house filled with beautiful and ornate furnishings and finishings. To see how my sister Janna and I came to be reunited with this nostalgia from our childhood, go to http://www.cdapress.com/articles/2009/01/07/columns/columns03.txt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful - thanks for sharing the photos. That was my great-Uncle's house, though I think I was only in there once or twice and wasn't old enough to remember it. I'm so glad Dr. Bill had some of furnishings to pass along.