Welcome to North Idaho

To live in a place other people dream of visiting is incredible. Through the lens of my camera OnLocation North Idaho will bring you a slice of life as we know it in the Idaho panhandle. Enjoy!

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sweet Dreams Louise

Louise Shadduck was many things in her 92 years, descended from Coeur d'Alene pioneers, she was a North Idaho icon. When she was named Idaho's State Secretary of the Department of Commerce in 1958, no other woman in the country had held that position. Louise authored books on Idaho history and received accolades and honors throughout a career that spanned politics and news reporting. She made a wonderful life in North Idaho and she made our lives richer for having known her.
RIP Louise ... 1915-2008

I've taken photographs of many beautiful things in my time, including this photo of Louise in Oct. 2007.

3 comments:

JBelle said...

nice, KT. Very, very nice.

Anonymous said...

I'm one of Louise's great nieces and I too wanted to thank you and tell you how the family appreciates your kind words. What a wonderful photo - her smile was something!

Kerri Rankin Thoreson said...

I'll have more personal recollections of the incomparable Louise in my Main Street column in the Coeur d'Alene Press on Wednesday. I'd be happy to pass along a couple of photos of Louise if you'll email me at rkthor52@aol.com