Welcome to North Idaho

To live in a place other people dream of visiting is incredible. Through the lens of my camera OnLocation North Idaho will bring you a slice of life as we know it in the Idaho panhandle. Enjoy!

Monday, May 19, 2008

Here's where it starts...



I've been "onlocation" in Montana and North Dakota since last Thursday evening but on the way out of town and again this afternoon as we returned we took the scenic route to view some of the Silver Valley flooding on the North Fork of the Coeur d'Alene River. Today we stopped at Lookout Pass Ski and Recreation area at the Montana/Idaho border. These views of just how much snow is still on the mountains in mid-May gives some perspective to how much flooding is still yet to come. And note that the photo of me standing barefoot in the water in front of a bank of snow is actual snow depth, not snow that's been piled high by a snow plow. Also note that I'd been traveling by car for about 18 hours and was holding my pants up out of the really cold water ... hence the high fashion look and odd posing. :)

1 comment:

Mama Durf said...

Brrrrrrrr!!!!

I did something like this to Robert the summer we got married - only he was standing in a creek outside of Estes Park...Hold on honey, let me move over here and take a picture, wait, let me move over here, wait, it might be better from over here....lol!