Welcome to North Idaho

To live in a place other people dream of visiting is incredible. Through the lens of my camera OnLocation North Idaho will bring you a slice of life as we know it in the Idaho panhandle. Enjoy!

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Icy Art



In North Idaho we're a week or so away from what is traditionally the first real snow of the season but there was no shortage of ice on Saturday in the Montrose neighborhood of Post Falls. An early holiday celebration included a local company, Northern Ice Works, and their ice sculptors. The team made quick work of several blocks of ice using chainsaws and smaller tools to create the detail as shown here on an icy tree trunk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visit Sunday, it was nice to meet you and your husband. Your stick should take me abaout a week to finish, it's a very nice piece. I will come to your blog when it's done and let you know. Enjoy the Jam, one of my wife's specialties. The Stickman

Anonymous said...

Kerri: Your stick is done, though since my establishment is called 'Sticks and Stones', a stone or two has to be added. So let me know your birthstone or your favorite color and I will add whatever the heck I want to complete it, and you can pick it up in a day or so, or maybe this weekend, when many have more time to stroll around the neighborhood. Let me know, either here or on the Wild Card. The Stickman

Anonymous said...

my birthstone is emerald but I love blues and greens... almost as much as I love that wonderful purple "gold". :)