Welcome to North Idaho

To live in a place other people dream of visiting is incredible. Through the lens of my camera OnLocation North Idaho will bring you a slice of life as we know it in the Idaho panhandle. Enjoy!

Friday, August 31, 2007

Home Sweet Summer Home

Marshall Chesrown, developer of The Club at Blackrock, bought this beautiful lake lodge at Kidd Island Bay from OXYfresh owner Richard Brooke and then sold it to former Denver Broncos quarterback John Elway. Across the bay is a five-story stunner, designed by Bill Brown of Post Falls. But the real "Gold Coast" of the Coeur d'Alene/Post Falls area is the Spokane River between Lake Coeur d'Alene and the Post Falls dam. The homes there are spectacular beyond description. Amway millionaires Ron and Georgia Lee Puryear's 26,000 sq. ft. home on the Spokane River, nicknamed the River House, is the fairest of them all.

2 comments:

Idaho Dad said...

I'd rather live in a small, cozy home on a big plot of land than in a huge home on a small lot of land.

Plus, big houses spook me. I watched too many haunted house movies as a kid. You know those big mansions creak and groan all night long.

Christy Woolum said...

I agree with Phil. I remember canoeing around Kid Island during the years I was at Camp Neewahlu. I can't even imagine seeing this homes in that beautiful area.